Full-Time Chief Metallurgist
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a new team member to join the corporate technical services department at Cameco. Our team is involved in new and challenging metallurgical projects that arise from Cameco’s diverse ore body geology. We have properties in Canada, the United States, Kazakhstan and Australia, where processing technologies cover a wide array of uranium extraction techniques ranging from traditional tank leach/SX to ISR/IX circuits.
You will work with a highly specialized group of technical experts to provide support to existing operations, perform technical assessments and ensure safe, environmental and economical performance of our mills. You will evaluate new technologies in collaboration with the science & technology group and assess new business opportunities for potential acquisition. This will include process circuit development, organization of bench and pilot scale studies and value engineering. You will also be involved in preparing regulatory licenses and process description documents. Your responsibilities may also include supervision or oversight of technical personnel, both internal and external to Cameco.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in metallurgical engineering or chemical engineering
- A minimum of 10 years of related work experience
- You must be eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
- Experience in supervision of technical personnel
- Strong leadership, communication and problem solving skills
- In-depth understanding of metallurgical operations in particular, including in-situ leach and ion exchange experience
- Operational and consulting experience in heavy industry
- Willingness to travel both nationally and internationally, as required by the project
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
How to ApplyTo explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is September 18, 2015. Please quote competition number 17985.
431 total views, 19 today