Full-Time General Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The General Manager, New Brunswick is accountable for maximizing profitability, by the effective and efficient management of the Caribou mine and mill sites. The General Manager is accountable for the company’s internal controls, budgeting and to emphasize and ensure safe, productive and cost effective operations. Direct reports at this stage include the Assistant Mine Superintendent, Chief Engineer, Sr. Projects Engineer, Maintenance Superintendent, Surface Superintendent, Mill Superintendent, Site Controller, and Manager, Human Resources.
This opportunity will appeal to an experienced operational leader who is looking to bring their considerable technical and leadership strengths to bear on a company that is poised for consistent long-term growth. In particular, it will appeal to professionals who will value the opportunity to work closely with a highly experienced senior leadership team in advancing its key operations in the stable and attractive jurisdiction of New Brunswick.
– Lead the development, coordination and implementation of Trevali’s business plans for Caribou production and for other mines as they come on line. Plans and aligns these with the overall company strategy to ensure long-term profitability and growth in New Brunswick.
– Direct the preparation of the annual operating, production and capital budgets for Corporate review and approval. Manage and implement such budgets.
– Make certain that suitable operational and maintenance control systems and procedures are in place to assure ongoing competitiveness.
– Closely monitor costs and property performance for the purpose of providing direction to ensure the optimum utilization of human and financial resources.
– Make certain the safety of employees by directly leading a positive safety attitude pervades the operation and that sound safety programs are in place.
– Provide continuity of operations by ensuring that viable long-term plans are in place for seeking out, recovering and treating ore reserves on the company’s property(s).
– Provide overall leadership and support through coaching, participating, and utilizing every possible opportunity to demonstrate Trevali’s emerging culture and values (i.e. trust, openness and teamwork).
How to ApplyA complete job posting can be found on the Career page at www.trevali.com under the heading General Manager, New Brunswick. From there you can apply online and upload a current resume.
1253 total views, 3 today