THOMPSON CREEK METALS COMPANY INC
ENDAKO MINES DIVISION
Bag 4001, Fraser Lake, B.C. V0J 1S0
Phone: (250) 699-6211 * Fax (250) 699-7775
Endako Mines, A Joint Venture of Thompson Creek Mining Ltd. and Sojitz Moly Resources, Inc is currently recruiting a full-time Surveyor.
Endako Mines is a 52,000 tonne per day, open pit molybdenum mine, mill and roaster. We have recently completed construction of a new mill consisting of a 36’ SAG mill and two 22’ BALL mills. This investment in the future viability of the mine will see molybdenum production continue for an estimated 17 more years. Our operation is located 25 km from the Village of Fraser Lake, allowing our employees to commute daily to the mine site from home. Fraser Lake, with an area population of approximately 2000, is situated on the shores of Fraser Lake, near the geographic centre of British Columbia. There are a variety of year-round recreational activities including skiing, golfing, boating, hiking, and many other activities for the outdoor enthusiast. In addition to this there is a recreation centre that hosts a variety of competitive and non-competitive sports. There are educational facilities from Play School through to Grade 12 and a medical clinic staffed by four doctors, a nurse practitioner, nurses and technicians. For more information on our mine, visit us on-line at
Our full-time employees receive a competitive wage and benefit package that includes moving expense assistance. Both company and private rental accommodations are available locally at reasonable rates. This position may require the successful candidate(s) to re-locate.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Previous experience surveying in an open pit with GPS and total station instruments.
- Priority will be given for candidates with technical training in Surveying or Mining.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Mining engineering Software (Minesight, Surpac, Vulcan).
- Possess a high level of analytical ability and ability to visualize in 3D.
- Physically fit and able to work outdoors year round.
- Possess strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to budget time, prioritize workload, work in a safe and timely manner.
- Working with the Mine Technical group to provide general survey support for the mine site.
- Design, layout and pick-up of drill/blast and digging areas.
- Effective communication of plans with the Operations Group.
- Updating relevant drawings and databases with current information.
- Conduct slope stability monitoring and updating monitoring records
- Become an active participant in the overall safe operation of the mine.
- Play an active role in the continued effort to improve work systems and mining methods.
How to Apply
If you are an energetic team player in search of a diversified work environment, please forward a detailed resume outlining your qualifications and experience, in strict confidence to:
Human Resource Administrator
Fraser Lake, BC V0J 1S0
Phone: (250) 699-6211 ext. 320 Fax: (250) 699-7775
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will respond only to those candidates whose qualifications most closely meet our requirements. All other resumes will be retained for 6 months.
486 total views, 1 today